Yields 4-6 servings
Creamy Avocado Pasta
This delicious and healthy pasta is quick and easy to throw together. AVO-TASTIC!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 400g fresh fettuccine
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 6 rashers bacon chopped (you can also use prawns or cooked chicken)
- 2 teaspoons basil or tomato pesto (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ c grated parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
- Chilli flakes or powder to taste
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Do NOT drain the water after cooking-you will need it for the sauce.
- Fry chopped bacon until crispy.
- In a blender place the avocado, oil, lemon juice, pesto and cheese. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Gradually add ½ -¾ c of the pasta cooking water to the blender and process until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Add salt and pepper (and chilli if desired) to taste.
- Combine the drained pasta, bacon and sauce together. Serve with extra cheese.