Yields 4-6 servings
Forget any avocado soup you may have previously tasted. Try this delicious Colombian Creamy Avocado Soup on a cold and cloudy fall or winter day and it may become a staple in your kitchen too. If you like, add some sliced avocado, drizzle with cream, and sprinkle on some fresh coriander before serving. Better yet, you can add some grilled prawns, crab meat or scallops to this gorgeous soup!
5 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice and avocados in the sauce pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender and blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot. Add the heavy cream, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add fresh coriander and serve warm.